How to love your customers in 2015 was a great post done by Hatchback recently. What I really loved about this post was some key stats that really resonated with me about our customers:
1. We always have our mobiles on us and 70% of us check it every hour
2. A third of us are using social media to share our opinions on things
3. Peer to peer recommendations carry a lot of clout
4. 88% of consumers think companies should try to achieve their business goals while improving society and the environment
5. 75% of consumers don’t believe that companies tell the truth in advertisement
Even though these are US stats they seem to ring true. What this means for marketing is that the old way of communicating with your customers has to change because they have changed. See persona Mike below for more insights.